How to Become a Tutor
To become a tutor please complete the application packet (available below) and submit it along with transcripts, your current resume, and a recommendation form filled out by an OSU faculty or staff member.” Once all the required documents have been received, your application will undergo preliminary review within 10 business days. Successful candidates will be required to meet LASSO's basic requirements.
All LASSO Tutors must:
- Be a current undergraduate student at Oklahoma State, a current graduate student at Oklahoma State, or a recent graduate from Oklahoma State University in good standing
- Meet the employment criteria set by the University
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in 30 or more completed credit hours
- Have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Oklahoma State (except for graduate students)
- Have an “A” or “B” earned in every course for which you are tutoring, with an “A” being strongly preferred
- Be available for tutoring sessions a minimum of 5 hours per week
- Complete a hiring interview with the Tutoring Coordinator
- Attend and participate in all mandatory tutor trainings
The deadline to submit an application for Spring 2017 is Friday, February 3, 2017.